We invite you to join us at YouTube!
In this article, you will find information on:
- Moving your BandPage profile content to your channel on YouTube
- BandPage features that will be discontinued as of March 8th, 2017
- Related actions you may take
- Information on alternative options for discontinued BandPage services that may interest you
- Website widgets
- BandPage.com public-facing profiles
- The BandPage Facebook applications
- BandPage store and event features
- Facebook and Twitter integrations
- Custom website
- Account creation and ability to add new admins
What are my options for my BandPage content?
Option 1) Join us on YouTube
- Create an Artist Profile on YouTube: If you opt to create an Artist Profile on YouTube by transferring your photos and bio, your profile will be associated with the specific YouTube channel you select and will be accessible for editing in the new Artist Center section in the YouTube Creator Studio by all channel managers or owners.
- Note: Once transferred, your photos and bio may be displayed on YouTube properties, such as your channel's "About" tab and YouTube charts. They may also be shared by Google with other Google sites, such as Google+, and Google Play, and Google third party partners, such as the entire BandPage network, under the YouTube Terms of Service
- Backup your content. After you create an Artist Profile on YouTube, your BandPage profile and all assets associated with it will be removed from BandPage and will no longer be accessible to you or any other admins of that profile through the BandPage service.
- Each BandPage profile’s photos and bio can only be transferred once, and to only one YouTube channel. This action cannot be undone. Once transferred, we will let other admins of your BandPage profile know that it has been transferred.
- Your BandPage user account: Transferring all of your BandPage profiles to YouTube does not automatically delete your BandPage user account (i.e. your BandPage log-in), which will remain unless you choose to terminate it.
Option 2) Continue to keep your profile on BandPage
As of March 8, 2017, your photos and bio will continue syndicating across the BandPage network, until further notice, based on your most recent syndication settings so long as you do not terminate your BandPage account. If you select this option and wish to make changes to your BandPage photos, bio, or partner syndication settings after March 8, 2017, you may notify BandPage’s support team with the changes you wish to make. Please note that BandPage.com no longer supports public-facing profiles. Further, you will not get access to the new artist features at YouTube through BandPage unless you choose to transfer your photos and bio to YouTube as described above in option 1.
Option 3) Terminate your BandPage account
If you want to replace any of the deprecated features listed above, you may be interested in the potential alternative services listed below. These are third party services and you should make sure to review them and their terms of service carefully to determine if they are possible alternatives for any of the BandPage features being discontinued.
Facebook Full Profile App Alternatives
Facebook Shows App Alternatives
All-in-one Website & Website Builders Alternatives
Shows Widget Alternatives
Store Widget & eCommerce Solution AlternativesMailing List Widget Alternatives
If you have questions about the above services, you should contact those services directly. For questions about BandPage, please do not hesitate to browse other articles in our help center or reach out to us here with any questions you may have.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR DEVELOPERS?
Since we joined YouTube, we’ve been working with the team on the development of all-new YouTube features that will help artists better connect with their fans on YouTube. While we will continue supporting integrations for existing partners in the BandPage syndication network, we are not adding new partners at this time. As a result, the BandPage developer API and its terms are no longer available. We look forward to building on our work on behalf of artists everywhere and you can keep an eye out for future features here.